foreign_lg 版 (精华区)
发信人: Snail (蜗牛), 信区: foreign_lg
标 题: 酷卡十一
发信站: 听涛站 (Sun May 6 01:06:57 2001), 转信
1 hold your horses
勒住你的马(慢来)
You need to hold your horses. = You need to wait and be less anxious.
你得慢慢等,别急。
例子:Stop fidgeting and tapping your knife. We will leave when I finish eat
ing, so hold your horses.
别这么坐立不安敲你的餐刀,我一吃完咱们就走,所以耐心的等,别急。
1 get/give the green light
绿灯亮了(获准行动)
I got the green light. = I got approval to start.
我得到允许,可以动手了。
例子:My boss gave me the green light on my idea for the project, so I am go
ing to start it as soon as my partner gets back from his business trip.
我的上司批准我去实行我的计划,所以一等我的同事出差回来,我就可以动手了。
1 nail in the coffin
棺材钉子(致命的一击)
That was the nail in the coffin. = That was the thing that really made the r
esult final.
那是决定成败的最重要的因素。
例子:She didn't return my calls and gave back the ring, but moving
to Alaska was the nail in the coffin and I knew that it was over.
她不回我的电话,而且把戒指退回给了我。但她搬到阿拉斯加去才是棺材钉子。我以此
知道我们的关系已经完了。
--
※ 来源:.听涛站 cces.net.[FROM: 匿名天使的家]
Powered by KBS BBS 2.0 (http://dev.kcn.cn)
页面执行时间:1.354毫秒