foreign_lg 版 (精华区)
发信人: Snail (蜗牛), 信区: foreign_lg
标 题: 酷卡二十三
发信站: 听涛站 (Sun May 6 01:13:09 2001), 转信
1. Ants in one's pants
裤裆里有蚂蚁(坐立不安)
Do you have ants in your pants? = Why are you fidgeting so much?
你为什么这么坐立不安?
例子: We were very hungry, so when the food didn't come for a long time, we
sat at the table with ants in our pants.
我们都很饿了,所以菜老不上来,我们都有点坐立不安了。
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
2. Back in the saddle
重上马鞍(重整旗鼓)
I am back in the saddle. = I had a problem but now it is fixed and things ar
e normal now.
我先前有些问题,现在解决了。一切恢复正常。
例子: After my leg heals, it will be nice to be back in the saddle again. I
miss playing tennis every Tuesday with Amie and Todd.
我得腿伤好了以后就要卷土重来。这一阵不跟爱米和陶德打网球,真不好受。
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
3. Ball and chain
铁球铁链,甜蜜的枷(老婆)
I will ask the ball and chain. = I will ask my wife.
我得回去问问我的老婆。
例子:Although would like to go to the party, I am not going because the bal
l and chain doesn't want to go.
虽然我很想去,但是去不了,因为我的老婆不想去。
*A ball and chain is attached to a prisoner so he cannot move very far.
--
※ 来源:.听涛站 cces.net.[FROM: 匿名天使的家]
Powered by KBS BBS 2.0 (http://dev.kcn.cn)
页面执行时间:0.772毫秒